What is Schoology?
Schoology (Pronounced SKOO-luh-jee) is a learning space that enhances face-to-face and distance learning through communication, collaboration, and personalized learning.
Schoology, a learning management system (LMS), allows teachers to post assignments and other resources for their classes.
Students can access Schoology from any computer or mobile device with Internet access.
Learn more about Schoology on the FCPS Schoology page .
Parents: Need to Know
- Starting in July 2021, we will not use Blackboard 24-7 Learning or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (BBCU)
- Schoology has a connected web conferencing tool - Zoom
- Schoology works with Google Drive for students and teachers
- You need a SIS/ParentVUE account to login to Schoology
- Parent accounts will be available in mid-August
- Information about how to login to parent accounts will be shared with you closer to the start of the school year
- Students will not see any classes until the grading period starts
- Students will use their FCPS student ID and password to login to Schoology
View From Schoology
- Your child's class
- Your child's assignments and participation
- Your child's calendar
- Teacher comments, scores, and feedback
Students: Need to Know
- You will have a Schoology account beginning in July.
- You can learn more about Schoology on the FCPS Schoology Student page
- You won't see any classes until the grading period starts
- You use your student ID and password to login to Schoology. Look for the FCPS logo to make sure you are on the correct login page.
Parents: Access Schoology Using SIS ParentVue Account Login
- Make sure you have registered for a SIS/ParentVUE account
- Learn more about Schoology
- Look for the next communication about how to login to Schoology
Parents: How to Guides
- Parent Videos - Welcome Parents!, Parent Communication, Differences Between Parent and Student Accounts
- How Do I See My Child's Account? - Video
- What Will I Find in my Parent Account? - Video
- Difference Between Parent and Student Accounts - PDF
- Parent Communication - PDF
- Schoology Calendar - Video
- Schoology Checking Grades - Video (Please note - Not all teachers will using grading in Schoology. SIS is still FCPS main platform for grading. Grades you see in Schoology are only for formative check-in.)
- Schoology - Overdue Assignments - Video (Please ask your child's teacher if you have questions.)
- Schoology - Upcoming Assignments - Video (Please note - Not all assignments are "graded" and are used as resources for students during blended learning class lessons.)
- FCPS Schoology Frequently Asked Questions