Students at Aldrin are assessed in many areas throughout the year. Parents will receive a notification letter about the testing their child will have as well as the results of each test.
Some of the Virginia and Fairfax County assessments that our students take are:
- CBRS - Kindergarten
- CogAT (Abilities Test) - Second, any student who does not have a CogAT score on file
- EMAS - Kindergarten
- Performance Matters Benchmark Tests - Third-Sixth
- IAAT (Algebra Placement) - 6th advanced math
- iReady Universal Screener for math and reading - First-Sixth
- Local Alternative Assessment (LAA) and Performance-Based Assessments (PBA) - Third - Sixth for SOL content no longer assessed online
- Math Reasoning Assessments - Kindergarten-Second
- Naglieri (Abilities Test) - First and any student who does not have an abilities score on file
- PALS - Kindergarten
- Passage Reading Fluency (PRF) - First -Sixth
- Science Benchmark - Fifth
- Standards of Learning (SOL) tests - Third-Sixth
- VAAP - Alternative SOL assessment
- Virginia Growth Assessment (VGA) reading and math - Third-Sixth
- WIDA for ESOL students
- iReady (including ORF) grades 1-6 reports will be posted via SIS ParentVUE in late October
- MI/RI grades 6-12 reports will be posted via SIS ParentVUE in late October
- VGA grades 3-8 reports will be sent via U.S. Mail by the end of November
- VRKP grades PreK-K reports will be sent via U.S. Mail in early December
- CogAT Aldrin will forward the Student Report to the student’s parents/guardians. Scores will become available in ParentVue by the end of January.
SIS ParentVUE Account Access - View More Options
Social and Emotional Learning Screener Results Coming Soon
One of the ways FCPS supports the mental wellness of all students is through the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Screener. In October, students in grades 3-12 took this screener in October, which gives information about their skills such as achieving goals, handling emotions, building relationships with adults and peers, and making good choices.
The screener also helps students evaluate their school community’s efforts to make them feel valued, included, and supported. Screener data is used to create learning, experiences, and environments for students to succeed.
In early December, families will be able to view student SEL Screener results in SIS ParentVUE. For families who do not have an active ParentVUE account, results will be sent by mail.
For more information about the screener please visit the Social-Emotional Learning (SEL) Screener webpage. For help understanding your child’s results or ideas to support them at home, review the Family Guide or contact your child’s school.
Los Resultados del Cuestionario de Aprendizaje Social y Emocional Estarán Pronto Disponibles
Una de las maneras en que FCPS apoya el bienestar mental de todos los estudiantes es a través del Cuestionario de Aprendizaje Social y Emocional (SEL). En octubre, estudiantes de los grados 3º a 12º tomaron este cuestionario, que proporciona información acerca de sus habilidades como lograr metas, manejar emociones, construir relaciones con adultos y compañeros, y tomar buenas decisiones.
El cuestionario también ayuda a los estudiantes a evaluar los esfuerzos de su comunidad escolar para que se sientan valorados, incluidos y apoyados. Los datos del cuestionario se utilizan para crear aprendizaje, experiencias y entornos que permitan a los alumnos alcanzar el éxito.
A principios de diciembre, las familias podrán ver los resultados del Cuestionario SEL en SIS ParentVUE. Para las familias que no tienen una cuenta activa ParentVUE, los resultados serán enviados por correo.
Para más información sobre el examen por favor visite la página web del Cuestionario de Aprendizaje Social-Emocional (SEL). Si necesita ayuda para entender los resultados de su hijo o ideas para apoyarlo en casa, consulte la Guía para Familias o póngase en contacto con la escuela de su hijo.
사회 정서 학습 Screener(스크리너/관찰) 설문조사 결과가 조만간 발표됩니다.
FCPS는 모든 학생의 정신건강을 지원하는 방법의 하나로 사회 및 정서 학습(SEL) 스크리너를 사용합니다. 10월에 3-12학년 학생들은 목표 달성, 감정 이해 및 관리, 성인 및 또래와의 관계 수립 및 유지, 올바른 선택과 같은 학생의 기술 능력에 대한 정보를 알려주는 이 스크리너를 실시하였습니다.
더불어 이 스크리너를 통해 학생들은 얼마나 학교와 커뮤니티가 자신을 가치 있고, 소속감 및 지원을 주는지 평가를 할 수 있습니다. 이러한 데이터가 저희가 학생들이 성공할 수 있는 학습, 경험 및 환경을 조성하는데 도움이 됩니다.
12월 초에 가족은 학생 SEL 스크리너 결과를 학생 정보 시스템 SIS ParentVUE에서 볼 수 있습니다. 활성화 된 SIS ParentVUE 계정이 없는 가족의 경우 결과는 우편으로 발송됩니다.
TestNav 8 Practice Test Items - No Sign In -> click SOL Practice Items
- Teacher Guides - to for TestNav 8 Practice Test Items
- Grades 4 and 5 mathematics assessments includ the Desmos Virginia Four Function Calculator on the section of the test in which a calculator is allowed.
- Grades 6 and 7 mathematics assessments include the Desmos Virginia Scientific Calculator on the section of the test in which a calculator is allowed.
The state of Virginia has established achievement tests that are administered at the end of 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades to measure the mastery of the curriculum. The Standards of Learning Tests (SOLs) test students in the areas of reading, writing, math, history, and science.
- Grade 3 – Math and Reading | Local Alternative Assessment (LAA) and Performance-Based Assessments (PBA) - Social Studies and Science
- Grade 4 – Math and Reading | Local Alternative Assessment (LAA) and Performance-Based Assessments (PBA) - Virginia Studies
- Grade 5 – Math, Reading/Writing, and Science | Local Alternative Assessment (LAA) and Performance-Based Assessments (PBA) - Social Studies (POG/POL)
- Grade 6 – Math and Reading | Local Alternative Assessment (LAA) and Performance-Based Assessments (PBA) - United States History to 1865 (US History I)
Review Practice Items - Math 2016, Desmos Virginia Calculators, Reading 2017, Science - Grade 5
SOL Pass - Please get login information from your teacher
TestNav 8 Practice Test Items - No Sign In -> click SOL Practice Items
VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF TECHNOLOGY-ENHANCED ITEMS (TEI) ON SOL
Desmos Four-Function Calculator (Grades 4 and 5 on calculator section)
Desmos Scientific Calculator (Grade 6 on calculator section)
View Math Tools - Classroom - Resources Tab at the top of the page
Remote Testing - Sign In - Your teacher will provide you with a test ticket to log in.
💻Universal Screener (i-Ready)💻
FCPS adopted a universal screener assessment for all elementary school students in grades 1 through 6.
The purpose of this assessment is to identify students who may have gaps in reading and math skills so that teachers can plan appropriate support for each child.
The universal screener is an online, computer-adaptive assessment. Computer-adaptive means that the difficulty of questions will adjust based on each child’s performance. When your child gets a question correct, the next question will be a little harder. When your child gets a question wrong, the next question will be a little easier. Through this adjustment process, the computer will narrow in on just the right level for your child.
Public Test Resources
- View the Test Demo to demonstrate test features to students. The Test Demo is a series of videos that explain to students how they will take the online test and interact with the test platform.
- Use the Test Practice items to help students understand how to respond to ACCESS for ELLs Online and WIDA Screener Online items on the test platform. While using the test practice items, students can familiarize themselves with the features available to them during the actual assessment. To access and view the Test Practice Items on Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, or Linux devices, you must use the Chrome browser. If you are on an iPad, you must use the Safari Browser.
- Use the Sample Items to help students, educators, and families get a better understanding of ACCESS for ELLs Online. None of the sample items appear on the operational test; however, they are similar to items that students will see on the test. To access and view the Sample Items on Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, or Linux devices, you must use the Chrome browser. If you are on an iPad, you must use the Safari Browser.