2020 Return to School!
Frequently Asked Questons
Revised School Calendar 2020-2021
What will virtual and in-person school look like when we return?
- Return to School: Frequently Asked Questions for Families.
- Video: July 6 Virtual Town Hall meeting with Superintendent Brabrand.
- Telephone Parent Information Line Available in Eight Languages
- Video (English) - FCPS Return to School Options for School Year 20-21
- YouTube video subtitles in a different language - VIDEO
Herndon Pyramid Community Meeting
Video (English) - Herndon Pyramid Community Meeting (English - 7/13/2020) - recording_1
Presentation Attachment (English)
Presentation Attachment (Spanish)
July 21, 2020 - Virtual Opening Decision:
- Online learning provides four days (Tuesday through Friday) of live, face-to-face instruction with teachers.
- At the elementary level, students will receive real-time, interactive instruction each day.
- The elementary day will also consist of additional small group instruction, intervention supports, and independent learning activities assigned to students.
- Student work will be graded and attendance is required.
- Mondays will remain a teacher planning day with intervention supports for selected students that we hope can be provided in-person.
The presentation made to the School Board includes additional updates including health protocol and screening information. Presentation Attachment (English)
FCPS School Board Work Session Return To School 7-13-20 YouTube video subtitles in a different language - VIDEO
FCPS student Jada explains how the acronym ACCEPTS will help us remember ways to fight stress during social distancing.